Balcatta Panel and Paint is in the CGU Car Insurance approved repairer network
CGU manages around 350,000 claims every year – nearly 1,000 claims every day. But when having an accident it can be confusing what to do next.
Here at your local smash repair shop in Balcatta are are happy to assist with your insurance claim with CGU Insurance. CGU operates an approved repairer network and Balcatta Panel and Paint is proud member of this network.
When you come in to our shop you can expect free quotes, a professional service and a quick turnaround for your car. We are an approved repairer with CGU for over 10 years and can ensure to get your claim approved fast.
CGU offers a 24/7 claim lodgement and if you aren’t at fault for the accident, providing the other parties’ details will ensure you don’t pay an excess on your claim.
You might be asked who you like to nominate as your preferred repairer. This is an important step and we’d like to point out that you do have a choice of repairer. We can highly recommend to go with the repairer you feel most comfortable with. So if you are not happy with the suggestion that the CGU claim team offers you, it is your choice to nominate another repairer. It is surprisingly easy process and at our shop you can be sure that we have qualified tradesmen working on your car.
At first we recommend to come in for a free quote. Meet our team and get an idea about the cost of the repair. Our quotes are itemised so you will get a good overview about the cost for labour, paint and parts. This is a free service for you and you will receive a detailed quote via email.
If you decide to go through insurance, follow these easy steps to make your claim:
1. Make a claim with CGU online or via phone:
https://www.cgu.com.au/claims or Call 13 24 80 . It’ll take about 15 minutes to lodge your claim online or over the phone. You can check a list of FAQs here: https://www.cgu.com.au/claims/car-and-vehicle-claims.
2. CGU will provide you with a claim number. Keep this one handy for later enquiries.
3. Nominate Balcatta Panel and Paint as your preferred partner repairer so CGU can assign the claim via their online system to us. We guarantee all our work and your car will be repaired by certified tradesmen and will receive a free car wash too.
4. Our team at will send the images and the itemised quote to CGU for assessment and we will get approval within 24-48 hours. Sometimes the CGU assessor will need to inspect the car in person, so we will call and make an appointment to book you in.
As your recommended or approved smash repairer, Balcatta Panel and Paint will manage your claim with CGU electronically, ensure excellent communication and quick turnaround. We can offer you assistance and advise in lodging and managing a smash repair claim with the CGU claims teams.
What do I do next?
Is your car drivable? Start by coming in for a free quote to Balcatta Panel and Paint. We are in Balcatta, close to Mitchell Freeway in Delawney Street. Our customers come from all Perth Metro Area especially Balcatta, Perth City, Whitfords, Joondalup, Scarborough, Hillarys, Trigg, Osborne Park and Warwick. Our estimators Andrew and Bryan will look after you.
Do I have a choice of repairer?
Good news – most insurance policies do offer a choice of repairer. For you as a CGU insured that means that you are free to choose your own repairer and it won’t affect your claim. It doesn’t cost you any extra to use your own repairer. So while CGU might recommend you to somewhere else, you can nominate us as your preferred repairer.
Things to look out for when picking the best shop for your car:
- the ratings of the recommended shop (don’t forget it’s your car that will be repaired and you want to make sure you receive a great quality job)
- recommendations from friends and family
- how clean the shop is
- when the shop can book your car in
- local team, friendly people
We offer guaranteed lifetime warranty on all of our work and have an excellent ranking on Facebook and Google.
Contact us today for advice or simply come in for a free quote, no appointment required.